My name is Joe Palazzolo and this is JerseySmarts.com.
On this website I write about the topics that interest me including money, personal advancement, the fraternity movement, student loans, local politics, faith, volunteerism, education reform, and personal responsibility.
I believe in writing the truth even if that truth is hard to digest. If you think a frank discussion of reality is too much to handle, then you’ll consider JerseySmarts.com to not be politically correct.
This website was created so I could make my thoughts available to the world. Today, the purpose of JerseySmarts.com is to inject a healthy dose of reality within the national dialogues surrounding topics that interest me. Too often, I come across weak or biased opinions dictating our courses of action on these issues.
JerseySmarts.com is not a place for individuals who are weak in their convictions. Nor is this a place where I hold back judgment to meet society’s demand for all-inclusiveness in dialogue. Sometimes, a person’s opinion is just wrong. And this website is a place where wrong opinions will be labeled as such. The world is a harsh place and if you don’t learn to become aware of what is surrounding you, then you’re just adding to the problem. The writing on this website believes that society needs to put aside the “feel good” approach to dialogue and replace it with truth – even if that truth doesn’t fit the norms that have been forced onto this country since the rise of the counterculture in the 1960s. If you can’t handle truth speak, then you should leave.
How Best to Consume JerseySmarts.com
If you’re new to the website, then your best bet is to read an article that you enjoy and see if there are other articles in that category that interest you. For those of you that want a better look at some of the more popular articles on JerseySmarts.com, the links below will guide you to what you want to read. I encourage everyone to get involved in the conversation through the comments at the end of each entry. I want to read your feedback.
– Words of Wisdom in Sigma Pi’s First Issue of The Emerald
The Abridged Story of Repaying $120,603.31 In Student Loans
– The Moment When I Realized About How Much I Owed
– Front Page of USA Today as the Poster Child for Student Loan Debt | Clarifying USA Today’s Story
– The NJHESAA Nightmare Begins | An Update on the Nightmare
– The First Milestone: From $121,000 Down to $100,000
– The Second Big Milestone: 9 Months Later and the Loans are Down to $90,000
– One-Third of the Total Debt – Approximately $40,000 – Repaid!
– The NJHESAA Loan is Fully Repaid – Details and Financial Figures
– Back in USA Today with an Update on My Student Loans
– Less Than $50,000 Left to Repay!
– Approximately Two-Thirds of the Student Loans Are Repaid
– Where, Exactly, Did All of This Repayment Money Go?
– Below $20,000 – The End is in Sight
– Less Than $10,000 Left and a Throwback Pic to My College Days
– The Final Thousand Bucks: And Now, The End Is Near…
– August 19, 2013: My Student Loans Are Finally Fully Repaid!
The Most Popular Book and Media Reviews
– NOOK Book Review: Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
– Book Review: The New Reality by Stephen Martino
Welcome to JerseySmarts.com, everyone. Enjoy!